This Heating Cable Membrane System combines the benefit of an underlayment membrane with the comfort and convenience of electrical radiant floor heating. Can be installed directly over the entire subfloor as an uncoupling, crack isolating and waterproofing membrane, making it possible to install underfloor electric heating even on problematic substrates such as wood and cracked screeds. Warming Systems Floor Heat Cable is installed in the areas where heat is desired and tiling can begin immediately after the heating cable is in place. No additional steps are required. We recommend alternating the spacing between the pegs at 3 pegs/2 pegs so the average spacing is 3". This is a cost effective way to add warmth and comfort to your cold surfaces. This is an Underfloor Electric Heating Polypropylene Membrane System with uncoupling/ vapor management/load distribution and waterproof properties with rounded square shaped reliefs. Thanks to the thinness of the PRODESO HEAT MEMBRANE (5.5mm or less than 1/4 inch!) it's the ideal choice when the new tile floor meets an existing surface and height difference is a concern.
Advantages of Heating Cable Membrane System by Prodeso®:
- Eliminates need for backerboard - This includes cement board, Durock, Wonderboard, etc. This strong, supportive membrane can go directly on plywood or OSB subfloor. Another key advantage to using this membrane is that you can tile directly on top of the membrane.
- Lower floor height - Overall floor height is reduced since you don't have to use backerboard. The height of the membrane is only 5.5mm, less than 1/4 inch!
- Easy to install - Heating cable installation is very easy and the wires are protected during tile installation.
- Time saving installation - Can install in single step, installing tile on top of cable immediately. No need to wait for first layer of mortar to dry.
- Flexible heating zone selection - Install over entire subfloor and easily heat only the areas where floor heat is desired.
- Uncoupling crack isolation - Allows installation on wood subfloor and cracked substrates.
- Vapor management - Allows installation on wood, concrete, and gypsum based substrates.
- Waterproofing - The polypropylene membrane is naturally waterproof.
- Support load distribution - Loads are evenly distributed from the tile covering to the subfloor.