Advantages of Heating Cable Membrane System by Prodeso®:
- Eliminates need for backerboard - This includes cement board, Durock, Wonderboard, etc. This strong, supportive membrane can go directly on plywood or OSB subfloor. Another key advantage to using this membrane is that you can tile directly on top of the membrane.
- Lower floor height - Overall floor height is reduced since you don't have to use backerboard. The height of the membrane is only 5.5mm, less than 1/4 inch!
- Easy to install - Heating cable installation is very easy and the wires are protected during tile installation.
- Time saving installation - Can install in single step, installing tile on top of cable immediately. No need to wait for first layer of mortar to dry.
- Flexible heating zone selection - Install over entire subfloor and easily heat only the areas where floor heat is desired.
- Uncoupling crack isolation - Allows installation on wood subfloor and cracked substrates.
- Vapor management - Allows installation on wood, concrete, and gypsum based substrates.
- Waterproofing - The polypropylene membrane is naturally waterproof.
- Support load distribution - Loads are evenly distributed from the tile covering to the subfloor.
The Heating Cable Membrane by Prodeso® can be installed over the entire subfloor as an uncoupling, crack isolating and waterproofing membrane. Warming Systems Floor Heating Cable can then be installed in the areas where floor heat is desired by wrapping the cable around the pegs. We recommend alternating the spacing between the pegs at 3 pegs/2 pegs so the average spacing is 3". One benefit of using this membrane is once the heating cable is installed you can begin tiling immediately. There is no need to wait for the first layer of mortar to dry. You will save time on your installation because you can now install the heat membrane, floor heating cable and tile all in the same day. Another benefit of using the Heating Cable Membrane is the lower floor height. Overall floor height is reduced since you don't have to use backerboard. The membrane is only 5.5mm (less than a 1/4") high. It’s possible to install tile and floor heating over a variety of difficult substrates such as plywood, cement slabs, etc. If you have a remodeling project and want to install floor heat and flooring over an existing floor, this heat membrane is the perfect solution. The low overall weight of the system also makes it the perfect choice for applications when the load limits of the subfloor are a concern.
The Heating Cable Membrane by Prodeso® is stonger than Ditra-Heat according to Test Procedure ASTM C627 which provides a standardized procedure for evaluating performance of ceramic floor tile installations under conditions similar to actual specific usages. The Prodeso® membrane achieved the highest rating of "Extra Heavy" when using 12 x 12 porcelain tile on concrete, plywood, or OSB substrates.